Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Voting...


I voted for the first time yesterday. I was so excited especially since I was a couple months off from being able to vote in last years election. Anyway no one warned me about what the inside of the booth actually looks like. I had no idea what i was doing. I started reading the directions on the side, but all I got out of them was to turn the lever to the right so the curtain closes (which I figured out on my own). So my excited state soon turned into a panic... there were people on line waiting, and now I'd been standing there for a whole minute trying to figure everything out. I pictured some old man yelling at me to hurry up, which only wasted more time. Eventually I just starting pushing buttons, turned the lever to the left, and quickly walked out. The whole way home my friend made fun of me, saying I elected a dictator. Now I know why I wasn't meant to vote in the 08 election.

No comments:

Post a Comment